For Use Solely in the United States of America
Lumentender Control Solutions Inc., (LCSI), offers cloud-based software and services solutions for scheduling and controlling controller-based lighting systems. We know that maintaining your trust requires that we protect your privacy – so we are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of those who use our websites, our pages and applications on third-party social-networking services, our emails, and our mobile applications, including but not limited, www.lumentender.com and app.lumentender.com (collectively, our “Sites”).
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, OR THOSE IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OR THE ONLINE SERVICES AGREEMENT FOR CUSTOMERS OF DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
1. GENERAL TERMS.
LCSI collects information about you when you use our Sites to communicate with us or third party sellers or advertisers on the Site, purchase products, or access services (the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us, third party sellers or advertisers, including written, electronic or verbal.
2. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Site is intended for users who have attained the age of majority where they reside (18 years of age or older in most jurisdictions). Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information (PII) from persons under the age of 13 (the “Protected Age”). If you are under the Protected Age, please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the Protected Age, please contact us immediately. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the Protected Age, we will delete such information from our records.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you (and the computer or device you use to access our Sites) in a variety of ways:
- You may directly provide information to us
- You may choose to allow a social networking service to share information with us
- We may gather other information when you visit our Site or other services, or when you view our online ads
- We may obtain additional information about you from other sources where permitted by law
- More detail on each of these is immediately below.
(a) Information Provided Directly By You
We and the third party sellers and advertisers collect information you provide, such as when you request information, purchase product, request product or services, complete a form, survey, questionnaire or application, contact us or third party sellers or advertisers, or otherwise communicate with us in any manner. This information may include, without limitation, your name, address, age, gender, employment, position, email address, or any other personal information you choose to provide.
(b) Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Offers, Programs, Or Site Features
We may collect information about your activity on our Site, for instance how and how often you use access our Site (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address. etc.).The following are situations in which you may provide your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields on our Site, including our contact page;
- When you provide responses to a survey or questionnaire;
- When you join or enroll in an event through our Site;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Site;
- When you make a purchase on or through our Site;
- When you provide information to us or a third party seller or advertiser through a third-party application, service, or Website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us or our third party sellers or advertisers or their products or Services, whether via email or other means; and
- When you participate in forums, leave comments, make reviews, or provide or post User generated content or other submissions.
When you participate in our offers, programs, or Site features (or otherwise communicate with us), you may directly provide us with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, and postal address
- Username or password
- Phone number
- Age or birthdate
- Demographic information
- Credit card or other payment information
- Marital status and number of children
- Contact information of family members or others
- Other information about you, your household, your family, or others (such as commercial information like interests or product preferences)
- Other information you affirmatively allow a third-party service (such as Facebook) to provide to us
The following are examples of the types of information we may collect in this way:
- Device type (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile device)
- Browser type (such as Internet Explorer)
- Operating system (such as Windows)
- IP address, MAC address, device ID, installed fonts, or similar information
- Websites or online services you visit before or after our Site
- Your interaction with our Site (such as the links you click and the pages and items you view)
- Whether you open or forward our emails or click on elements within these emails
(c) Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you choose to access, like or link our Site with a social media service, e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter, we may receive information about you or your connections from that Website or App. This includes, without limitation, profile information, profile picture, gender, Username, User ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, your contact names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other identifiers and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is solely dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network.
(i) Information From Social Networking Services
If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration or log-in for our Site or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service will always be voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information social networking services may make available to our Site by carefully reading and reviewing those services’ privacy policies.
(ii) Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, analytics providers, business affiliates and partners and other users. This includes, without limitation, identity data, contact data, marketing and communications data, behavioral data, technical data, and content data.
(iii) Information We May Obtain From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you, even if we do not have a direct relationship with you, from other sources, such as public databases, data aggregators, and other commercially available sources. This information may include:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, and postal address
- Social networking user IDs
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Marital status and number and age of children
- Income level
- Purchasing behavior
- Interests, hobbies, and product preferences
- Interactions with media or advertising
- Publicly observable activities (such as blogs and online postings)
(d) Location Information
When you use the Site, we may collect your precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
4. PROTECTIVE MEASURES WE USE
We protect your information using commercially reasonable technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Although we take measures to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, or searches, or other information will always remain secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our information storage, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet including, without limitation, email, and text transmissions. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not rent, sell, lease, or barter your information to anyone unless you grant us explicit permission for this information to be shared in that manner. Our primary purpose in collecting, holding, using, and disclosing your Information is for our legitimate business purposes and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We use the information we collect (in combination with other information we or third-party service providers may have) to communicate with you regarding our products, services, and promotions, to provide you with other information, services, products, or other materials you request, to customize your interactive experience (including by providing you with relevant advertising on our Site and elsewhere), and/or to manage and improve our sites, products, and service offerings. We will use this information in order to:
- Operate and provide our Site and Products and Services offered by us or our third party sellers and advertisers;
- Improve our internal operations, systems, Site and Services;
- Provide users with customer support including, sending you related information,
- including confirmations, notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- Analyze, improve, and manage our Site and Services and operations;
- Resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about promotions, sales, and news;
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity including, without limitation, infringement of intellectual property rights of third parties.
- To register you to receive emails or other information or materials you request
- To register you for a contest, or other promotion
- To register you to receive rebates, coupons, premiums, product samples, or other materials
- To create and manage your account as a user or member of our Site (or as someone who may post content to our Site)
- To provide you with services or offers you have requested
- To respond if you contact one of our Consumer Services Representatives
- To process your payment for purchases or other services
- To better understand the audience for our Sites and services
- To conduct analytics services regarding how our products, services, and Sites are accessed and used
- To help us develop new products, services, and sites
- To provide advertising and marketing services, including by developing and delivering advertising and other communications more tailored to your interests
- To help us improve our advertising
- To detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and to prosecute those responsible for that activity.
We will not send you any email marketing communication unless you expressly consent to receive such a communication from us. And if you do sign up to receive these emails, you will always have the opportunity to “unsubscribe” from further email marketing messages from the Lumentender brand or group.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
With third party Service Providers to enable them to provide our Services (such as website hosting, information technology and infrastructure, data analytics, email delivery, donation processing, auditing or other services); For example, we may retain a third party to verify the accuracy of the information within our databases or to gather additional information about individuals within our databases from commercially available sources. As another example, we may provide information from our databases to third parties who help us direct specific advertising communications to you when you visit other sites.
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information;
- With subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data verification, data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With entities that provide payment processing services on our behalf or behalf of third party sellers;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, court or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of any merger or transfer of our assets (in whole or in part), consolidation of LCSI or restructuring of LCSI;
- To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- In an aggregated and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. We only use such data in the aggregate form and our analytical services do not record any personal information;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing;
- We may share information freely within LCSI and its affiliates.
- Third parties who deploy cookies and similar technologies.
7. SHARING INFORMATION WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT
- We are committed to cooperating with law enforcement while respecting each individual’s right to privacy. If we receive a request for User account information from a government agency investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting agency.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), we may disclose User account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. We will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
- Our Site and Services may now or in the future integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Site with other apps, websites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting publicly to a social sharing service becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set with the social sharing service. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. If you remove information that you posted to the social sharing service, copies may still remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users or third parties, using the social sharing service, have re-shared, copied or saved that User Content.
9. USER CONTENT AND PUBLIC SHARING
- You will need to contact us in the event that you wish to have this personally identifiable information removed from our Site. Please note that responding to your request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal from the internet if the content or information has been reposted by another party. To request removal of content or information, please contact us (see below).
- This only applies to information under our control and not to any information collected by any third party.
10. ANALYTIC SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
11. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
12. DO NOT TRACK SETTINGS
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting Cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept Cookies. There currently is no accepted standard for how to respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. LCSI currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, LCSI may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.
13. INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY PRACTICES
In order to provide our Services and products offered to you on our Site, we may send and store your personal information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States including, without limitation, the European Union, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including countries that may not, or do not, provide the same level of protection for your personal information. Users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and assume the risk that the protection of such information may be different and may be less protective than those required under the laws of their residence or location.
14. INFORMATION CORRECTION
You may correct the information you have provided to us at any time by contacting us. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. This only applies to information under our control and not to any information collected by any third party.
15. PROMOTIONAL INFORMATION OPT-OUT
16. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
- If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: LCSI.
17. OUR INFORMATION RETENTION POLICY
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for as long as needed to provide you services. Following a request to delete your information we may retain your information as required by law (for example for regulatory purposes). This only applies to information under our control and not to any information collected by any third party.
18. ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Third parties may provide content, advertising, or functionality on our site. Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- We may enable you to share certain materials on the Site with others through social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter.
We are committed to keeping your online transactions safe and secure. We have put procedures in place to safeguard other information we collect from you. Please note, however, that we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide online; you provide it at your own risk.
19. USER-GENERATED CONTENT AND PUBLIC PROFILE FEATURES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain interactive areas where Site users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user’s public profile within an online community) that may be visible to others. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal identifiers (e.g., name, email address, etc.) or other personal information in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of information you voluntarily include when submitting content.
20. SEND-TO-A-FRIEND TOOLS
This Site may, from time to time, include a send-to-a-friend application that makes it easy for you to forward information or materials from our Site to friends or family by email. In order to address your email message, the application may ask you to input the recipient’s email address and/or similar information (including your email address). This information is used by the application to address your message so that it can be properly sent. We may temporarily maintain a log of this information for troubleshooting and fraud-prevention purposes. In the event that we are offering you some form of referral award for encouraging an action on the part of the recipient (for example, if you are to earn a reward if the recipient chooses to register for one of our offerings after receiving the email from you), we may also retain the information as necessary to establish that the referral award was earned.
21. UNITED STATES ONLY
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and that by submitting information you explicitly authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the United States.
23. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION; EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You always have the right to review and update the information that you previously provided to us at this Site. You may contact us as described in the “How to contact us and how to exercise your privacy rights” section below in order to arrange this or to ask us to remove you from our list of email addresses to which we send email newsletters. All of our email newsletters also contain an “unsubscribe” link that you can click through to unsubscribe from future email newsletters from LCSI.
Depending on the laws of your jurisdiction, you may also be entitled to request further transparency about our data processing practices, or access to, or deletion of, the personal information we collect about you. Requests should be submitted to us as described in the “How to contact us and how to exercise your privacy rights” section below. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an agent to exercise your rights and that is authorized by the relevant laws, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights or choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Sites may change or no longer be available to you. Any difference in the Sites will be related to the value of the information that is no longer available to us or usable by us.
24. DO NOT “SELL”; COOKIE “OPT OUT” CHOICES
25. HOW TO CONTACT US AND HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you have any questions or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us by any of the methods below. When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
Last updated: April 7, 2023